Create an account
|| Bloodclaim ||
You know they're doin' it
who would win...
Post to Bloodclaim
BtVS Newbie Guide
AtS Newbie Guide
28th-Jun-2013 08:54 pm
in your opinion who would win.... a buffyverse vampire or a star trek klingon?
29th-Jun-2013 04:18 am (UTC)
Mmmm... I personally believe a Star Trek Klingon.
The two reasons off the top of my head are:
1) they have a secondary set of organs (so I doubt a vampire could drain a Klingon fast enough to subdue them via bloodloss) and an overall durable body structure that is also quite muscular naturally so they are quite hardy -- they ain't going down from a simple brawl.
2) they are a race that is incline to aggression and war (as well as strict cultural/moral codes) -- so they are going to have some skills when it comes to fighting no matter their standing in the society.
So combining that together I think they have the expertise to take on an average BtVS vampire. Getting a better trained vampire (such as Angel or Spike) and I think it would depend on just how much training that particular Klingon had (personally I think Worf could take them on).
29th-Jun-2013 11:40 am (UTC)
Oh yeah the Klingon by a landslide if Buffy can do it a aggressive warrior race like Klingons should have no problem.....and they tend to run in groups so I fear even Angel and spike would be dust before too long
29th-Jun-2013 02:51 pm (UTC)
I appreciate that posts to the community are light but fail to see why this is here? It does not refer to Spander and BC is a Spander community.
29th-Jun-2013 02:54 pm (UTC)
Against a 'younger' vampire, I say Klingon all the way. I would guess it wouldn't take long for one to use their Bat'leth as a way, both to keep the vamp a safe distance away and to take its head off.
Now, against someone like Angel\us, Spike or the Master, it would take a seasoned or wise warrior to take them on. Younger Klingons can be rash and impulsive, and an older vamp, specially one with Slayer kills under his/her belt, could play a Klingon like a cat plays a mouse.
Oh, oops! My nerd is showing... ;-P
29th-Jun-2013 05:36 pm (UTC)
As Joymaro points out all is relative to the combatants involved. I'm assuming you're writing a spander/Startrek crossover and the vampire is Spike. My money would be on Spike for the following reasons:
1.Klingons evolved a warrior species they are on average bigger and stronger than humans. They are also heavier (bone structure/redundant organs) and rely more on strength than agility in a fight.
2. They evolved on a class M planet and rely on oxygenated blood and therefore can be. 'worn down' in a fight by a more agile opponent who doesn't need to breathe (Spike)
3. Vital organs are protected by a latticework of 26 rib pairs and their hearts have eight chambers but they only have one heart and a direct injury to the heart kills them .(They commit suicide this way.) Vampires are very tough and can sustain a lot of physical damage/ heal.
4. They are stronger than humans, by how much? It's doubtful they're stronger than most demons.
5. Spike would easily taunt a short-tempered Klingon into making a mistake.
Regarding Buffy-Spike. If it is suggested she's stronger than a Klingon she never defeated Spike without help. Yes, she played the schoolyard bully and beat him up when he couldn't fight back but she never beat him in a straight one on one. The nearest they got was Schoolhard and he would have killed her if her mother hadn't interfered. As for Angel, Buffy beat him, so a Klingon would very likely do the same.
Provided he was well fed, could keep out of the way of Klingon weapons, was armed himself (he couldn't kill a Klingon by draining them). Spike's superior agility and stamina combined with his fighting skills, strength and habit of taunting an opponent into making mistakes, would make him the likely winner.
29th-Jun-2013 10:04 pm (UTC)
I pretty well agree with that last entry. Klingons are tough bastards but they aren't immortal and they do have to breathe and take longer to heal than your average vampire. Plus, vampires can be really motivated depending on what they're fighting for -- especially, Spike, if that's who we're talking about. Fledges, I couldn't see standing a chance, but like others have said, an older, more seasoned vampire with more power up his sleeve would definitely give that Klingon a run for his money.
29th-Jun-2013 10:05 pm (UTC)
Ironically, I just watched the new Star Trek movie an hr ago, haha. Really good, btw, if you haven't already seen it.
29th-Jun-2013 10:14 pm (UTC)
it's been pretty quiet on here so i thought i'd throw that out after cruising TTH's star trek/buffyverse :)
This page was loaded Oct 24th 2017, 7:30 am GMT.