Ok, this is what I get for staying up really late watching Cesar Milan's Dog Whisperer on TV while reading Spander on my PC...
Basic Plot Bunny: None of the troubles in The Pack would have happened if primal!Xander had a calm and assertive pack leader to keep him out of trouble. Who better than to dominate him than Spike?
- Xander is far more primal than he was in canon and behaves just like a canine does without a pack leader. To make Xander a happy, calm, and submissive puppy he needs exercise, discipline, and affection (in that order).
- Spike arrives in SunnyD looking for some fun (not necessarily to kill the Slayer) and follows his nose to Xander with his pack in the middle of a horribly unorganized hunt and takes an interest in the unbalanced pup. Xander gravitates towards Spike because he senses Spike's dominant energy.
- Spike separates Xander from the pack and takes him as his own while leaving the other hyenas to be found by and freed by) Buffy, Willow, and Giles
- Spike begins training Xander to obey and submit to him including running him ragged, teaching him to hunt, and pleasure the vampire (NC-17 rating may be thoroughly enjoyed here :-D )
- Willow and Buffy are unable to find Xander and are left following the trail of dead humans and demons around the state